Jump to Main Content
- Arno, Stephen F.; Habeck, James R.
- Ecological monographs 1972 v.42 no.4 pp. 417-450
- Luzula, etc ; Abies lasiocarpa; Larix lyallii; Phyllodoce empetriformis; Vaccinium; avalanches; cold; conifers; evergreen trees; forests; growing season; habitats; ions; krummholz; landscapes; mountains; overstory; shade tolerance; topographic slope; treeline; tundra; understory; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... alpine larch communities were only indirectly correlated. Vaccinium scoparium, Luzula ...
... glabrata, and Phyllodoce empetriformis were the most common understory dominants. The ...
- Jackson, M. T.; Faller, Adolph
- Ecological monographs 1973 v.43 no.4 pp. 441-461
- Luzula, etc ; Abies magnifica; Arctostaphylos; Castilleja; Cheilanthes; Eriogonum; Holodiscus; Penstemon; Pinus albicaulis; Pinus contorta; Pinus monticola; Polygonum; Sambucus; Tsuga mertensiana; Vaccinium membranaceum; biotic factors; community structure; ferns and fern allies; flora; forestry development; forests; islands; lakes; lava; microclimate; national parks; plant communities; plant density; seedlings; shrubs; soil quality; soil water; temperature; topographic slope; trees; Oregon; Show all 36 Subjects
- ... Characteristic shrub and herb species were Vaccinium membranaceum Dougl. and Luzula glabrata ...