Jump to Main Content
USDA-ARS Colorado maize water productivity data set
- Trout, Thomas J., Bausch, Walter C.
- Irrigation science 2017 v.35 no.3 pp. 241-249
- USDA National Agricultural Library, corn, crop models, crop yield, data collection, evapotranspiration, field experimentation, irrigation, meteorological data, plant growth, soil water, soil water storage, Colorado
- The USDA-Agricultural Research Service conducted a water productivity field trial for irrigated maize in northeastern Colorado in 2008 through 2011. The data set, which is available online from the USDA National Agricultural Library data repository at https://data.nal.usda.gov/dataset/usda-ars-colorado-maize-water-productivity-dataset-2008-2011 , includes measurements of irrigation, precipitation, soil water storage, and plant growth; daily estimates of crop evapotranspiration; and seasonal measurement of crop water use and crop yield. Soil parameters and hourly and daily weather data are also provided. This paper describes the data set and the methodology used to collect the data. The data set can be useful to evaluate and improve maize crop models.
- USDA-ARS Colorado Maize Water Productivity Dataset 2012-2013
USDA-ARS Colorado Maize Water Productivity Dataset 2008-2011