PubAg

Main content area

Characterization of the complete mitochondrial genome of Podocnemis expansa (Pleurodira: Podocnemididae)

Author:
Wang, Kangyu, Li, Li, Li, Shaokun, Sun, Honghua, Bi, Guiqi
Source:
Conservation genetics resources 2018 v.10 no.3 pp. 479-481
ISSN:
1877-7252
Subject:
Podocnemis, endangered species, genes, mitochondrial genome, phylogeny, polymerase chain reaction, ribosomal RNA, sequence analysis, transfer RNA, turtles
Abstract:
The Arrau River turtle (Podocnemis expansa) is one of the largest side-neck turtles which listed as an endangered species in IUCN red list. In this study, the complete mitochondrial genome of P. expansa was determined by the sequencing of PCR fragments. The complete mitochondrial genome of P. expansa was 16,520 bp in length and encoded 13 protein-coding genes, 22 transfer RNA genes, and two ribosomal RNA genes. The overall nucleotide composition was: 33.4% A, 26.2% T, 27.8% C, and 12.6% G, with a total G+C content of 40.4%. Phylogenetic analysis shows that P. expansa have a close with Podocnemis unifilis.
Agid:
6089137