Jump to Main Content
895. PEREZIA RECURVATA SUBSP. RECURVATA: Compositae
- Hind, Nicholas, Babel, Katarzyna
- Curtis's botanical magazine 2018 v.35 no.4 pp. 339-358
- Nassauvia, chemical constituents of plants, leaves, plants (botany), scientific illustration, taxon descriptions, type collections, United Kingdom
- Perezia recurvata (Vahl) Less. subsp. recurvata (Compositae: Mutisieae: Nassuaviinae) is described and illustrated. Comments are provided on its cultivation, propagation and availability, although currently only available from one supplier in the United Kingdom. The problematic taxonomy of this genus is discussed. A brief comment is made on the history of the type collections of two synonyms of Perezia recurvata, and of Perdicium L. within which Vahl originally described the basionym of Perezia recurvata. The adaptive anatomy of the leaves of Perezia recurvata are commented on and likened to those found in Nassauvia falklandica, and the presence of the unique group of phytochemical compounds, the recurvatianes, is mentioned.